It’s time for eCommerce to evolve. 2024 is the year to accept and build new advances with a great blend of ideas & tech stack. The online marketplace is one such successful concept that we will talk about today. It is one of the best opportunities to start a business.
Amazon & eBay are the top online marketplaces as of 2023 that have aced every user’s behavioral needs online. Every retailer wants to be on a platform where he gets his set of audience. It is way more cheaper than to build their eCommerce site. Other benefits of the online marketplace:-
- The brands require less capital to join a set online marketplace.
- One can easily network and attract more users.
- A retailer also joins such platforms to avail varied sources of income. (ads, commissions, etc.)
- One gets loyal followers and new visitors in real time.
Now that said, let’s look into what an online marketplace is. This will help you to understand the concept of marketplace online shopping.
Define: Online Marketplace
Basically, it is a virtual space that connects a seller and a buyer. It allows them to display their products and obtain traction online. Now, in today’s fast online world, it is the most convenient way to have a brand digitally.
Nobody wants to pour money into a space where there is no surety of returns. In this way, one deals well with the online world and comes to know about the real picture for itself.
Every online journey is different. One needs to trust their path and try to test things. You have to be seen and offer the best to your users and earn loyalty.
And what better way than an online marketplace to check the overall response? Thus, if you are someone to vouch for an online marketplace app, then go ahead, as there is always growth in the items & consumer preference.
Why are Online Marketplaces so Important in 2024?
There is a shift in consumer wants. If a brand wants to stay upclose, one has to try out such growth innovations. Let’s see what it offers in broader terms.
- Global Reach: The online marketplace has a set of audience on a global level. If you enter a space like this with your brand, it is very much evident to witness the best consumers. Thus, it uplifts a brand instantly to a global audience.
- Convenient & accessible: We always tend to go to a shop which has it all. Don’t we? Such is the concept of the online marketplace. And so it turns out to be the best option for both parties, i.e. the consumers and the retailers/brands.
- Diverse products: There are many products in one place. So, it becomes a great deal for one to give their best and showcase what you have to stand out.
- Feedback: You will get user feedback beneath your item in real time. It is a very genuine feature that every online marketplace has for retailers. There is no fake info given to a brand as they get a fresh user review of their item placed online.
- Supply chain resistant: It is a great supply resistant. Every other option is available under one roof in an online market store. And because of it, they can disrupt the marketplace with other vendors easily.
Now, as you have decided upon the journey to become the best local online marketplace or just the best eCommerce app, you will need to plan things.
Step-by-Step Guide to Build a Successful Online Marketplace 2024
#1 How Will You Plan Your Online Marketplace Development?
The online world has become very dense. You need to gear up to put the best foot forward & excel. Being a custom eCommerce development service provider, we know exactly the right plan to fit your needs.
Let’s start with the basics. Get all of this on point to achieve the best results online.
What is your niche?
There are many businesses in the online world. You have to ensure your USP. How are you unique? Which niche have you chosen? You have to be cautious about it. To increase your market appeal, you have to set yourself apart. What will you sell? To whom will you sell? Get this right, and half of the problems will be taken care of.
Have you done your research well?
Research it out. There is no end to the search! You need to have clarity of your app idea. And the audience that you will address. Get answers to the following:-
- Have you done competitive research?
- Who is your target audience?
- What all can make you unique from the others in the niche?
- What are your offerings?
Get the maximum impact by doing this research. You need to find loopholes in the current competitors and go ahead with it as your core strength.
Have you done a competitive analysis?
Run the SWOT analysis and get to know your competition. Analyze them and get your USP. Leverage this particular point more while you do your research. And get the best results by offering your users that one thing that no other online business will provide.
What is your main goal?
Great! You have an app idea, but what good will it do? The idea is in existence for a purpose. To get that straight, what is the crux of building the app? What are your end goals? When you want to achieve something, there is a plan of action; what is that? Figure it out and walk to achieve that goal with your online venture.
#2 How Will You Create a User Friendly Site?
Simple! To retain users and get more visitors, or ‘engagement, ‘ you need to have a good UI/UX experience. A site appeals to the users when they can browse it instantly as per their intuitions.
- Select the right platform: Choose the right platform as per your audience. Be wise and go with a scalable, customizable, and a user friendly platform.
- Intuitive UI: Design UI as per your users preference. You need to create a marketplace online that is very easy to use & browse through. For example, you should know where a user will go exactly after it loads. One needs to place a certain feature or icon in that very place where they can access it.
- Safe payments: You need to integrate payment gateways to assure secure processes. One needs to provide easy transaction facility for a hassle free facility.
- Mobile friendly app: Optimize your app as per the smartphones. It means you have to build a responsive app with good features. Every customized version should work effortlessly on varied mobile screens.
Expert advice: To obtain the best result, you need to hire an experienced team at work. An expert UI/UX designers team can help you out with the best intuitive design, features, and functionalities.
#3 How Will You Attract Sellers & Buyers?
Now, once you are all set with your plan & competitive strategy, it’s time to attract the retailers and buyers. How will your platform work without these two parties? So, let’s have a quick look at these points.
- Ideal & detailed seller profile: In order to attract users, you need to engage retailers to add good images, complete details of the product, affordable prices, etc. Their profile needs to look good; every detail has to be filled out. And the overall display has to look great.
- Market your site: You should have an aggressive marketing strategy. Leverage social media, email marketing, SEO, etc., to increase market visibility.
- Incentive & promotion: You need to run specific promotions to lure users and retailers. Give some incentives, discounts, referral bonuses, etc., to have the best deals for both parties to be on the platform for a longer time.
- Strong customer services: Resolve your user queries as early as possible. To turn the consumers to your venture, you have to resolve every issue you get via feedback or a personal complaint. Every user likes a special attention, you can provide one with such a facility.
#4 How Will You Ensure Security & Trust?
Encrypt your user data at every stage. Prioritize your site’s security and run audits to protect user data and transactions. You can always put trustable badges and awards. Also, to gain user traction, you can include positive reviews to endorse sellers and reassure buyers to purchase from the site.
Cyber attacks can happen from anywhere; you need to save your site with security measures. Secure your payments by integrating the best in business; you will get full safety from the online payments venture.
#5 How Will You Become the Best Online Marketplace?
To boost up your business you need to look up close in your analytics. You will quickly get to know the trends and user behavior and use such details to excel in the right direction.
Expand your products based on user preferences. Assess market trends to stay on track with every need. One can also partner with the new Gen Z marketing tactic in the form of influencers. It eventually brings you new customers and also helps in SEO strategy. Thus, your site will also obtain organic traffic with all the efforts you make for your venture.
All these tactics will surely help you to increase your business.
Lastly! Follow the trends.
#6 What Are the Trends in Online Marketplace?
The tech world has a lot to offer, and you know it. Get your hands on the most popular tech stacks. AR, AI/ML, etc. With a blend of these stacks, you will also have to place some ethical & eco-friendly products. Implement proper algorithms and give a personal marketing touch to your users. Include chatbots, blockchain for security, and more. All this will help you enhance your engagement and satisfy your customers easily.
Now, investing huge is difficult; we get it. So, there are other options in the digital world that you can try. Here are some of them.
Online Marketplace App Development: Prototype VS MVP
Prototype is an efficient way to design and know the best user ways. It can be anything from sketch or paper or interactive version. Thus, it effectively presents the overall work cycle and helps to know any loopholes.
To create the finished product, one can, however, move swiftly through the SDLC phases following the test and feedback.
Now, don’t let proof of concept, or POC, fool you. POC is the software’s technical aspect. In contrast, your app will appear as it does in the prototype.
What better than a mini version of your app idea? It is better to invest in parts than to go with all of it at once. One can make it with a minimal budget and core features. This will help you to get feedback from your users. And you will be able to get analytics which will help you add new things in the full fledged version of your idea.
As an expert IT firm, if you ask us in MVP VS Prototype; the answer will be MVP model. It gives you insight intointo the actual working with the public response. With such results, you can improve and up your game 100%. So, our vote will always go to MVP app development.
Now, before we end, let’s get into the last but not the least important part- tech stack for online marketplace.
Which Tech Stack Should You Use for Your Marketplace Online?
All app ideas have a unique tech stack to make it a success. In the case of an eCommerce marketplace venture, the popular stacks like MEAN, MongoDB, Express, Angularjs, Express, Nodejs, etc., are used more.
These techs are majorly used to create a single page web app. Apart from that, the MEAN stack & LAMP stack are used for stability and security in an app. One is also used to build great content management systems.
WebMob Technologies makes custom apps for the marketplace online. Our experts use the following stack:-
- Frontend stack: React, Angular, Vue
- Backend stack: Node, Python, Django
- Mobile app: React Native, Flutter
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL
- Cloud solutions: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
We also use the latest trends and tools for a more efficient outcome. As we said, every project is different. We understand your core needs & give you the best blend of stack, features, and functionalities.
After the tech stack comes another pivotal role: a QA analyst.
QA Testers: Quality Check
You need to test your solution at every stage. For that, one needs a great test engineer. The expert knows various ways to test an app. A/B test, data analysis, growth hacks, etc. All these help to know & track users better and in real time.
A tester knows the pulse of a user. So, it is essential to check and resolve every issue. One should always have a business analyst & a UI/UX designer, software developer, and manual QA tester to do the job fast and efficiently.
What is the future of online marketplace app?
The tech evolves swiftly and you should move too. Here are some of the best innovations for you to develop a marketplace app.
- Voice search
- Unified inventory with upgrades
- Recommerce: reverse trade to sell used things.
- Personalize online shopping via AI/ML.
So, these are some future trend setters you should use for your app.
How much is the total cost to create an online marketplace?
There is no exact number for such a cost. It depends on your app idea, tech stack, feature, and other additional third party integrations. Roughly, we can say it will cost you somewhere between $15000 to $100000.
Which tech stacks to use to build an online marketplace?
MERN, MEAN, LAMP, and Serverless are some of the best tech stacks to create a marketplace online.
What are the money models in a marketplace app?
Commissions, subscription fees, listing fees, etc., are major money models to include in your eCommerce marketplace app.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Stay Updated to the Technology Trends for Every Industry Niche.