Summary: Creative, clean, & intuitive are the three pillars of a successful web app. Visual appeal is all you have to attain to engage & satisfy your audience in one go. Online presence has become a whole new ball game, with competition getting tough. 71% of businesses have websites in 2023. And all this depends on one factor: the frontend frameworks.
It takes less than 2 seconds to prove your worth online. And with so much innovation in the digital world, you really need to pull your socks. Frontend frameworks are the answer.
When we talk about UI/UX and user engagement, how can the frontend framework not be a part of this talk?! Today, there are a lot of advances that claim that they are the best.
But how will you decide which one to choose for your web app development? Here is a list of top frontend frameworks for 2024 to consider for your web app.
Frontend Frameworks: Introduction
Which framework to choose? What are the best frontend frameworks? According to experts which front end tech should we consider?
And the list of questions is long. Let’s start with a recent fact.
As per StackOverflow, the trend of frontend advances is popular with React, Angular, Vue, & Svelte.
Why are these frameworks so popular? Let’s have a brief look at the tasks that are completed by the advances.
- AJAX query control
- Defines file format
- Style and design app elements
- Linking data with document object model
Before we step into the list of front ends, let’s dive into what frontend actually is. Yes, we know that you have an idea about it, but it will still help you stay on track for your project.
What is a Frontend Development?
We do judge a book by its cover, don’t we?! The front end is the visual effort that you, as a brand, show to the users.
Let’s take another instance: you see a dessert ad on Instagram and make up your mind to visit the place. Right?!
Why? Because you are tempted by its videography, glass, ingredients, chocolate sauce, etc. All these are elements that are placed to lure its target audience towards it.
The same is the case of a web app frontend development. One has to design an intuitive and easy to navigate app. It requires a lot of study of your users and your competition.
The main parts of frontend consist of:-
- Motion UI
A great blend of these makes up a power pack front end. An expert frontend developer is the one who knows how to balance out every element. So, you need to approach a firm that is good at delivering the best product design and development services.
Frontend is the heart & backend is the brain. Every expert team prepares a great stack of both ends to meet & deploy the best app possible. A woofup in any one of the techs ends up in a dissatisfactory online brand.
Now, after the gist of defining the front end, let’s get into the most popular front end frameworks.
Best Frontend Frameworks for Web Development 2024
The debate is still on!! Each framework has its set of USPs. You need to figure out which one’s the best for you. Now, which factors have our experts at WebMob Technologies made the list? Here are the factors.
- Which type of app are you creating?
There are many front-end advances. As per your needs, you have to choose the best one. What scale is your idea? Large, medium, or small? It all depends on which framework will give due justice in the long run. All the advances are made to carry out specific scales of online ideas. So, you have to figure it out based on your idea’s size, features, and security needs.
- Which one is easy to learn and use?
There are many easy to learn front end techs. Thus, front-end developers who are just starting prefer to study frameworks that are feature rich and simple to use. For instance, compared to more refined frameworks like Angular, some of the simplest and easiest frameworks to learn are React, Vue, and Backbone.
- What is the income of a developer?
The income of an expert depends on which tech they have mastered. Nodejs & Reactjs developers earn the highest compared to other advances. So, it all depends on which expert you are opting for as per your needs.
Now, after knowing the factors, let’s dive into the popular frontend advances.
Facebook has given us a boon. It lets the experts build a large scale app. Also, it is flexible with data changes and is great with code maintenance. The very crux of Reactjs is to give a quick, scalable, and simple solution.
As of March 2023, 40% of the market share is aced by Reactjs. Experts have been around for a while with it. 10,499,785 websites are live with the tech. GitHub, Airbnb, Instagram, Reddit, etc., have set acoast with Reactjs.
What are the core benefits of Reactjs?
- App performance & speed: Virtual DOM is the crux of Reactjs app performances. It helps an expert create fast SDLC and remove heavy codes to keep the function of the overall app well. One can build a more powerful & best web app with Reactjs.
- SEO friendly: It deals with issues very fast. Reactjs improves web apps with respect to SEO norms. This, in turn, helps to bring more organic traffic to the venture. Virtual DOM helps debug the app quickly and maintain the overall rank on the SERP.
- Active community: Reactjs has been in existence since 2013. Active experts do its constant evolution over the years. It has immense support from developers across the globe. Thus, one never gets stuck with queries when building an SDLC with it.
- Reusable components: It saves a lot of time for experts in coding and developing the SDLC. With the reusable feature, the time spent on an app reduces & one is able to concentrate to build a better version of the idea.
What are the disadvantages of Reactjs?
- It is difficult for experts to learn the concepts of JSX.
- React only facilitates to build the app’s UI.
- It is not easy to maintain documents with such a high speed of SDLC built-up.
The JS ecosystem has given us a lot to evolve a web app. 1,016,104 live websites function with the help of Angular.
The number is insane! But the tech deeply focuses on providing good code quality and testability. The primary goal of Angular js is to build single page apps. Paypal, Amazon, Netflix, Gmail, etc., are some of the proud online behemoths using Angular.
As Google built the best framework for web development, it is an excellent choice for enterprise apps. There is a mere difference between Angular and React, one has to choose the right one as per the set of their needs.
What are the benefits of Angularjs?
- SPAs: A single HTML page loads when using SPA, and each mouse click updates a portion of the page only. The page neither loads again nor switches to another page during the process. This ensures better functionality and quicker page loading.
- Security: RESTful APIs secure the Angular.js apps. It safely protects the data from all mishaps and online attacks.
- Two way bindind: It enables model and view sync in real time. It is very easy to make changes in the SDLC with it. Thus, it eliminates the testability controller.
- Great MVC: MVC makes the tech dynamic, adaptable, and easy to use. Angular does get closer to the MVVM and helps to build a stable app.
What are the disadvantages of Angular?
- It is a complex language with a lot of features.
- Dynamic apps might lack the charm.
Hire experienced Angular developers, as only a pro can deal with such complex tech. So approach a highly skilled expert and get your project on point.
Vue.js is the best to create UI in modern apps without too many resources. There are 1,940, 742 live websites that use the tech to advance.
Giants like Adobe, BMW, Upwork, Alibaba, and other websites use Vue.js. It is ideal to create SPAs. Why is Vue popular? The expert can easily re-render & reuse components. It is a modular framework that lets you add parts as needed.
Vue.JS has all the features you need to create SDLC in an easy way. It is flexible, light weight, and modular. In addition to its clever state management and routing, Vue.JS has some unique features.
Many plugins that may quickly and affordably fix essential issues in any app have made it possible to produce products that are both useful and cost effective.
What are the benefits of Vue.js?
- Component based architecture: Vue allows an expert to divide and separate the components into parts. It consists of templates, logic, and styles to form a great web app.
- Lightweight: Vue is about 18-21kb in size. Thus, it reduces load time, which results in optimized search engines and performances.
- Easy integration: One can easily integrate third party libraries. It helps an app to excel in the online world and be on the top of the game.
- Detailed document: Vuejs documents are regularly updated. It helps one to use the frontend framework with ease. Thus, an expert gets all the answers in the tech’s document.
What are the disadvantages of Vue?
- It is still in a growing stage to have an active community.
- It has fewer features than Angular and React.
- The built-in doc is in Chinese, which creates a language barrier.
This frontend development is ancient, as it was invented in 2006. It helps an expert to wrap up many lines of code in a single line. jQuery also gives simple, small, and easy features like CSS manipulation, effects, animation, AJAX, and more.
What are the benefits of jQuery?
- Cross browser support: It is compatible with many web browsers. It also supports CSS3 selectors and XML Path Language syntax.
- Animation: Elements can be animated with CSS traits. And you can even use transition mode to change the animation’s duration.
- HTML edits: This makes it simpler to choose which DOM elements to change and alter to create unique options.
- Lightweight: The library has a refined size of roughly 19 KB.
What are disadvantages of jQuery?
- It is a slower framework than others.
- The lightweight UI might end up creating an issue in the long run.
- It is not used to build large apps, as the excess JS code might make it heavy.
Svelte is a 2016 front end frameworks. It is known to have an easy-to-use platform for experts. The tech allows us to pull all the codes as one compiled step. This also helps to update the object model and sync with the current state.
Svelte differs from other frontend framework sets in that it doesn’t use the virtual DOM. Thus, it has a notable feature that makes the site or app much lighter and user-friendly. It also improves the code performance from the start.
What are the benefits of Svelte?
- It uses the current JS library to render a simple framework.
- It is lightweight and responsive.
- Minimalistic code and scalability.
What are the disadvantages of Svelte?
- Lack of tech support.
- Small ecosystem.
- Fewer tools and less popular among experts.
Svelte is only used for small apps. It is ideal for freshers because of its simple syntax. And thus, it helps in the fast built up of web apps.
Nextjs is again a framework developed in 2016. One can create hybrid apps with dynamic and static attributes. The SPAs are built with utmost efficacy as they render server and client side by universal apps.
It is great for SEO ranking. It has been a part of giants like Hashnode, TikTok, Twitch, etc.
What are the benefits of Nextjs?
- Great at SEO: It opts for SSR, which helps increase the website’s visibility to search engines. And so Next.js gives a good competition.
- Enhanced performance: The site needs to load fast to engage with the users. Nextjs enhances the load time and lets users engage in the ultimate UX.
- Easy to upgrade: It is very easy to upgrade a Nextjs app. This makes the experience worthwhile as compared to other frameworks.
- Automated code split: It splits up the page code. This turns into a huge benefit because the bundle size stays the same even as the app grows with more pages.
What are the disadvantages of Nextjs?
- It has less plugins than others.
- It requires to integrate state management tools like Redux.
- Lacks built-in front end pages.
It is a 2010 famous front end advances. Backbone.js is all about REST APIs, structure models, and custom events. Apart from that it gives smooth UX with single page facility. And a retrieved code like HTML, CSS, & JS.
Uber, Pinterest, Walmart, and many others are a great example of the framework.
What are the benefits of Backbonejs?
- Syncs well with back end: It supports REST API and designs API to configure for direct access to read, write, and delete via GET, POST, & DELETE.
- Simple and flexible: It only takes a few minutes to start the backbone, even with a high library level like Chaplin.
- Vast community: It has an active community that provides us with plugins & extensions. And so, there is no query left unanswered.
What are the disadvantages of Backbone.js?
- Poor UX can result from simple, gradual changes to the DOM for huge data structures.
- Unit testing is risky in Backbone.js
- Absence of the controller building block.
It is an efficient JS framework that effectively builds contemporary web apps. Emberjs presents you with a dynamic UI that functions on any device. The handlebar template acts as the view in this framework. The route acts as the model. And the controller handles to modify the data in the model.
What are the benefits of Ember.js?
- HTML and CSS integrate: Ember.js enhances the design and style features of web apps via HTML and CSS.
- Instance initializer: Ember.js provides instance initializers, which are features that help with the effective startup of instances.
- Sturdy URL control with routes: One of Ember.js’s primary features is routes, which make it easier to handle URLs in apps.
- Ember inspector tool: Ember.js offers the tool to debug an app quickly.
- Dynamic model updates via templates: Ember.js makes use of templates to update the model. And dynamically make changes.
What are the disadvantages of Ember.js?
- The features might seem a little bit more for more minor projects than Vue or React.
- Ember needs help to engage new experts towards it.
Preact has the most thin and fast Virtual DOM library to render. The expert can directly use the stack in the browser and interact with other libraries. Preact aims to keep the advance’s size small and give the tech brains the best features.
What are the benefits of Preact?
- It is very quick and responsive.
- 3kb size makes it lighter in weight.
- It is easy to learn and master the code.
- It is created to maximize the memory usage.
- Great at command line tool.
What are the disadvantages of Preact?
- Small community of experts.
- Unsupported prototype.
- Works only with ES6 components.
- There is no support for synthetic events.
It is the best choice for experts who are cautious about the app’s size, speed, & performance. Preact is good to design simple landing pages and small widgets. It is not an apt choice for heavy web apps.
#10 Semantic UI
It is simple, spontaneous, and helpful tech to build great UIs. An expert can grasp the stack fast as it has simple codes. Also, streamlines processes for SDLC and collaborates with third-party libraries effectively.
What are the benefits of Semantic UI?
- Organic codes
- UI rich components
- It easily configures with themes, CSS, and JS
- One code across every app
What are the disadvantages of Semantic UI?
- Small community
- Experts must know JS
- Proficient design and custom configurations
Before we end the blog, look at some of our projects which we have designed and developed well with apt frontend frameworks for UI/UX.
Our Frontend Development Projects
HireoQuick is a software solution website built exclusively for recruiting great talents. Our team of expert designers kept in mind the recent web app development trends. The site has great colors and easy to use feature displays. Also, one is able to read the content at ease as it is placed in the right way.
The whole recruiting software is intact with self exploratory features.
Another project is a waste management solution- DwellBuddy. The software is all about streamlining your trash collector activities. It is a bridge between the owner, associates, and the community. The advancement is all about resolving queries, tracking tasks, and scheduling new tasks for the force on ground.
We hope you have an idea of the best frontend frameworks of 2024 for web apps. As an expert software development company for 13+ years, it is our accurate marking for these stacks. Undoubtedly, our favorite is Reactjs and Angularjs. These frameworks will do wonders in the coming future.
Until then, do check your app idea with a proficient team like us. Invade the online spectrum with your ever upgrading idea and our tech expertise & efforts. Consult us & get a free quote.
What are the best front end frameworks for 2024?
Reactjs, Angular, Vuejs, and Svelte are the top achievers when we talk about frontend development. So, you should consider one of these for your project.
How to hire experienced frontend developers?
You need to look into their work portfolios, tech stacks expertise, hourly hiring model, and above all your needs. You should be able to communicate easily with the team to get the progress of your SDLC in real time.
Can you make MVP model?
Yes of course, you can build a MVP model at a minimalistic cost and look into the actual functionality and user experience online. It is indeed a safe and great start for a new web app idea.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter!
Stay Updated to the Technology Trends for Every Industry Niche.