Summary: Digital world is beaming every second with new technological advancements. Apps are becoming a prominent source of acquiring business. If you are considering growing your business with digitization, then, choosing the right technology stack is a very important decision. So, herein we have curated a complete guide for you which consists of full-stack development for Android, iOS, and cross-platform applications.
The roots of great innovation are never just in the technology itself- David Brooks
Tech stack- is a buzzword heard around us when it comes to building software or mobile application. A perfect amalgamation of the stack ensures a seamless and successful solution. Whether it is to design an effortless UI or integrate a payment gateway feature, one needs a sane knowledge of open-source libraries and frameworks.
An application failure occurs because of two main reasons:-
- Wrong choice of technological stack
- While developing an application one has to thoroughly study the development stack. Technology decides the success of the software, thus, if you are investing in something big, then you should check out its pros and cons.
- Dissatisfactory user experience
- This is followed by the first reason. When one selects the wrong software stack, this is bound to happen. The desired outcome is not achieved, which results in a non-intuitive user experience.
You are agreeing to these reasons, right? It all depends on your ideal vision and the full-stack development you choose. Today, making a good mobile application requires a lot of user preferences. And being a software development company, we know how crucial it is to provide great quality and an attractive user interface.
Why Is Tech Stack Important?
The missing link between a brilliant idea and successful app development is choosing the right technology stack. Therefore, one should invest enough time in choosing the right stack of software development. Have a look at some of the advantages.
- It reduces the overall cost of the app development process
- It saves time, offers new prospects, and makes future improvements easy & flexible
- Provides a robust and intuitive user interface
- Seamless performance on multiple networks and operating systems
- Data encryption and storage are easy to manage
So, now, if you are a newbie, questions might have arisen in your mind. What is the apt technology stack for creating an app? What is the major difference between Android and iOS apps? Is it possible to build cross-platform apps? Read this blog ahead and get to know the technological difference for yourself.
What is the Mobile Development Stack?
App development turns out to be fruitful only when there is a perfect combination of programming languages, platforms, frameworks, tools, UI/UX software, and other technologies. The amalgamation of these tech-stacks results in successful applications.
The components of mobile application development are as under:-
- Frontend- For a mobile-responsive user interface, the front end is said to be responsible. When a user gets attracted to sound design and visual aspects, it is known as a user-centric UI.
- Back-end- To retain and maintaining data is the main function of an application backend. There are various architectures, web servers, and other service integrations for the seamless functioning of the software.
- Development- It provides the platform for building an app with the help of necessary libraries and interfaces.
- Support- It improves security, flexibility, and performance with the help of various tools and technologies.
The software developers can easily modify the list as per the clientele requirements. Also, the mobile stack depends on the platform one chooses and the targeted audience. Let’s dive into some of the best full-stack development solutions that you can use for a successful app.
Technology Stack for Android
Every platform has its technology stack in which it excels and produces a productive software solution. If you are thinking to build Android app, then, consider these as your mobile tech stack for flawless functionality.
Programming Languages to consider for developing an Android App
Java: Java is the most widely used programming language as it allows platform independence. The programs are compatible with various types of computers. It is well-supported and has great scalability because of its static type system. Java is a fast, secure, and reliable language. The user has wide access to tools and open-source libraries.
Kotlin: Kotlin is a cross-platform language. It is designed to interoperate fully with Java. It allows the user to use both frameworks to develop the app. The developers created the language to build Android applications. Thus, Java is a low-maintenance, concise, and error-free programming language.
Android App Development Tools
Android Studio: This is a Google origin platform for code editing, debugging tools, and providing a user-friendly interface. The main aim of Android Studio is to create high-quality apps. It also consists of visual layouts and drag-and-drop features.
Android Developer Tools (ADT): The app development tool for Android applications provides specific coding and test automation support. It also consists of a UI builder to create a stable, well-powerful, integrated environment for a robust app.
Jetpack Compose: The framework is a modern UI kit that accelerates the native interface. It requires less coding, powerful tools, and intuitive Kotlin APIs.
Android UI: This framework provides pre-built templates that help in creating quick user interfaces and saves a lot of time & effort.
Technology stack for iOS
Programming Languages to consider for developing an iOS App
- Swift: Compared to Objective-C, the Swift programming language is very easy with no string identifiers. The code editing and debugging are easily done and understood. The language is simple, readable, and speedy.
iOS App Development Tools
- Xcode: This framework is of Apple origin and has all the essential features to create a native iOS app. The mobile app technology stack has functionalities for user interface design, coding, and testing.
- App code: It is an open-source alternative to XCode. App code is an integrated development environment by a third party. The framework lacks the features of XCode and is dependent on the latter.
- UIKit: This is a basic framework for creating UI elements for iOS apps. It constructs and manages graphical components for iOS development.
- Swift UI: This is a newer UI framework that consists of varied design UI elements. The Swift UI works for iOS13 since it is recent launch in 2019.
Technology Stack For Cross-Platform Apps
Programming languages to consider for developing a cross-platform app
- Flutter: The language is of Google origin, and is based on Dart. It consists of built-in widgets and provides smooth performance to the application. As this is a new tool it might not be capable of supporting some required functions.
Being a web and mobile applications service provider, we thought of providing you with some extra information. These are the mobile tech stack, that one should use for a successful ROI-generating app. But, how will you choose the right tech stack for your application? So, here’s a quick answer to it before we end the blog.
How to choose the right full-stack development for your application?
#1 Aim of building an application: Everything varies on the mobile app’s goals. Many technological stack combinations are used to build a successful app. It depends on which solution one is opting for, high or low latency. The database, loading processes, and features, also streamline a stronger and better tech structure.
#2 Appropriate platform: The choice of a platform narrows down the software stack. As you plan on features, functionalities, user demographics, and key results will lead you to a suitable platform.
#3 Budget & timeline: This is the most important decision. Your tech stack highly varies on the budget and the timeline you want for the app to be deployed. Thus, the timeline eliminates the stack.
#4 Data safety & security: Choosing the best tech stack will lead you to highly secured data facilities and functionalities. As a result, this decision will give you the answer on user trust and company reputation.
Are you already having a software idea with these tech stacks? Let’s discuss it.
Our app developers have vast experience in developing software solutions in almost every niche. We will provide you with a cost-effective and user-centric solution.Let’s talk
So, make a sane decision for fruitful app development by choosing the above stack. Being around for a decade now, WebMob developers have well-versed knowledge and intuition for building a successful application. Thus, if you want to discuss any idea, feel free to contact our experts at any time.